Housing on Gateway
Because this MUX is not set up as a single-game MUX, building is treated just slightly different here on GATEWAY. We don't have a single In-Character area and a single Out-Of-Character area. Instead, we have many of both. So, players' building projects are handled on a case-by-case basis by the staff.
We also do not have a Building Nexus or designated area where building projects are opened, created, and then inspected before being linked to the IC grid. Building occurs directly on the grid once a Wizard opens an exit for the player making the building request.
It is possible to have player-owned rooms linked off of areas such as: the housing area, embassies, gaming areas, etc. However, the criteria which needs to be met to link to each of these areas is different for each one.
- NOTE: Floating rooms are -not- permitted and will be subject to either
- being linked to the grid by staff or destroyed. Please go through the
- proper procedures for housing. Thank you. **
The Housing Nexus is separated into three thematic locales:
- Oak Apartments -- recommended for single-room projects;
- Main Street -- recommended for multi-room buildings with a public/semi-public theme (i.e. nightclubs, bars, workshops, etc.);
- Rosewood Cres. -- recommended for multi-room buildings with a more private residence theme (i.e. houses, castles, etc.).
- Note: Projects in these areas are always considered to be -private-, at
least OOCly. Even buildings on Main Street are considered to be private, even though they have public/semi-public themes. Please obtain the permission of the building owner before entering any of these projects. Even if it's not locked, don't enter them without that permission. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. **
To get a project opened in the Housing Nexus, drop a +request (see: +help request) to staff with the following information:
- How many rooms you need.
- Where you want your project to be linked (please include whether it's a single-room or multi-room project and if it has a private or public/semi-public theme to it).
- The general purpose of the room (i.e. just a place to logoff in, running a game with friends, possible MU* style RPing, etc.).
- How much extra quota you will need, if necessary.
A Wizard will contact you as soon as possible.