GATEWAY - The MU* Community:Punitive procedures
- A written warning is sent to offending party and that player's name is placed on the warning list
- After two warnings for breaking a rule/policy on the channel or forum, a ban will be placed on the player for a week. After two warnings of harassment, a setting of GAGGED flag.
- If a third warning is issued, @boot from the MUX will be the consequence.
- If the person is seen as a disruption, he/she will be notified that their actions/behavior will not be tolerated and the consequences are @newpassword. Player may petition Ra by email to be reinstated.
- Creating anymore disruptions by attempting to create new characters will result in a sitelock and/or an @toading.
In most cases, a warning will be issued. If a person has 3 warnings in less than 15 days, that person will be asked to review the rules and policies of the game before asked to leave the game as a disruption to the community. If a person has 3 warnings within a 30-day period, they will be asked to review the policies and procedures, and reminded that they have had 3 warnings. The GAGGED flag may also be set. If a person has 6 warnings in a 90-day period, then they will be politely asked to take a few days off. This can be enforced with a @newpassword. If a person has 9 warnings within 6 months, then the staff will meet to discuss the player and determine a consquence.
Warnings are given out based on breaking the rules or policies and range from light to severe offenses. When an offense is too severe for a warning, staff will ask the person to leave the game with a reason why the person is being asked to leave the game.
However, after 2 months without an offense, 1 warning will not go against the player but it is also will not be deleted. This will show the person is trying to earn the community's trust again. Abuse of this earning trust system will only cause the staff to take more severe action to reduce the abuse. The warning will be deleted after no offense is made for 6 months. The suspect flag may be used at any time during this process.
Please note that staff reserve the right in certain cases to use their own discretion and follow a different course of action of their own accord.
Thank you to Elvira and M*U*S*H for their guidance on the creation of this policy.